iOS Device Deployment
Skill level: Intermediate
Who Should Attend?
- Technology coordinators
- Systems administrators
- Anyone deploying and supporting more than 1 iOS device in their organization
- Basic understanding of OS X and iOS software/hardware
- Experience in networked environments
Setting up and supervising one iOS device is easy. Doing the same for 5 devices is a challenge. What about 10 or 100 or (yikes!) 1000? Wouldn't you like to know an easier way of configuring, managing, and troubleshooting your iOS devices? Using hands-on, real-world exercises with iOS, OS X, and Apple's software tools, BRI's 2-day, leader-led class will, through discussions, Q&A, and instructor demonstrations, help you become an expert in deploying and maintaining iOS devices in your institution.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Define requirements for, and create, a device management and deployment plan
- Configure a secure network for device enrollment and management
- Set up OS X Server with secure certificates and caching service
- Create and install profiles with Profile Manager
- Enroll devices manually and remotely
- Use Profile Manager's inventory, organization, and administrative functions
- Install and configure Apple Configurator for your mobile cart administration
- Prepare, install, edit, and update profiles and apps with Apple Configurator
- Supervise, backup, restore, and manage iOS devices and their contents
- Integrate Apple with Profile Manager
- Create and manage restrictions with Profiles
- Manage device data, services, installation, and Open-In with OS X Server
Our class price includes one set of courseware per student.
This class is designed by Business Rules, and not sponsored by Apple.